Monday, March 07, 2011

Practicing for St. Patrick's Day.

Shepherd's Pie. I am not the biggest fan of beef or of potatoes. So it should come as no surprise to you that Shepherd's Pie has never been my go-to at a restaurant. However, my sister Kristin, the far more accepting one of her Irish-roots when it comes to food (as opposed to other Irish things that I fully support), has ordered it for us a few times to share. With St. Patty's Day just around the corner, I decided to give cooking it a try tonight. As mentioned above, I used beef instead of the traditional lamb. And I definitely just followed a recipe I found online that had a lot of good reviews. I think it turned out alright - and my cousins were thrilled to find me cooking something with meat in it, moreover, beef. Besides burgers (which I love), tonight may have been the first thing I've ever cooked with beef. I think even spaghetti I always make a point to make vegetarian. :/

Kristin has tried arguing that my nearly life-long stomach problems are connected to me rejecting my Irish heritage when it comes to meat and potatoes. While I find that ridiculous, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. So here it is. Not the prettiest meal, but pretty tasty nonetheless.

4 comments:

Braden said...

FYI: I will never again eat Shepherd's pie. Never (unless tortured into doing so unwillingly).

Katrina Hope said...

When you are a world leader, you may regret having given out this piece of information. ;) "Irish torture"

Kristin Kelly said...

Um sister, making food is not how your prepare for St. Patirck's day, you should know this.

Katrina Hope said...

Well... I already have the rest down pretty good, and the only way for me to improve on that is EATING food. So I figured it is best to practice making it, and then eat it. See the wisdom there?