Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I made the mistake of watching Letters to Juliet and baking traditional "Irish" food last night. The outcome? I'm craving some travels to my favorite country I've ever been (and favorite language) and my favorite country I've never been. The ongoing issue. While 'waiting' an international adventure sounds lovely - give me something to pour my excitement and attention into, something to keep my life from feeling mundane. And if I were to purchase a ticket anywhere, I'd go to Italy and/or Ireland. However, I want to go both places with my husband. See the conundrum? So I keep waiting... for my favorite travel buddy to arrive.
Wouldn't it be terrible (and yet remarkably funny), if A.) he hated travelling, or B.) he tells me one day all about his great travels to Ireland and Italy that he took, oh, during the Spring of 2011?

5 comments:

Cami said...

I say, why wait?! :) If you have money saved to travel now, then do it and then when you return start saving again to go with your husband ;) Those are my plans anyway :)

samara said...

I agree with traveling there both single AND married :) That way, when you go with your hubby, you won't feel pressured to go to a bunch of different historic sites... instead, you could just walk the streets of dublin or pisa in calm delight :)

Morgan said...

if he is A) then you wouldn't marry him. deal breaker.
And if its 2) then you better be able to say "I was in Ireland and Italy in the EXACT same time" :)

Kristin Kelly said...

Gotta agree with the ladies. No regrets little sister. Live life to the fullest today AND tomorrow. But as lArry says, "You are entitled to take days off, just do it on the weekend next time." K?

Unknown said...

Yup - fully agree as well. I did it :-) And I don't regret one minute of all the traveling I did! It's a heck of a lot easier to travel when you have the money to spend without having to worry about paying a mortgage or both taking time off from work. Traveling was one of the best things about being single for me :-)