Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I don't know if I really need to give my excuses and confessions (yet again). But, at times, I completely indulge in going through wedding photography. I love it. Brides always look soooo incredibly stunning (and happy), the venues are incredible, the photography (hopefully) is creative and top quality, and of course, the dresses! I am terrible at making decisions, most all of you know this. And it is not because I am a picky person. In fact, it really is the opposite. I love everything. I would be as happy spending a day on the couch reading a book as I would be spending it riding rollercoasters. I love to do most anything. And I'll try it once even if I think I might not like it. So, decisions, where you have to select either chicken and grilled mushrooms, or chicken and barbeque... well, can I have both? It should come as no surprise to you now that my wedding dress is something I fear (and can't wait for!). My sister Kim knew exactly what she wanted when she was 15 or something like that. Once she found it at a bridal shop, she put it on and was ready to buy it. My mom convinced her to try on a few others, not so much because she thought Kim would change her mind, but because she felt part of the experience might be missed looking back. Don't worry mom, I'm sure we'll all get more than enough of that experience when it comes to my turn! I almost wish I could bring my fiance with me when the day comes too... because I so look forward to hearing his opinion on things. Since I like both, I hope he'll be able to tell me his favorites. ;) But there are a few things I know I'll probably look for. I think it is called a sweetheart neckline? Perhaps strapless, because it looks good on my little frame. And I want lace. I was telling my mom a few days ago, after she commented on how daughters will want to buy their own dress, that both kristin and I would probably wear my mom's if we could fit into it. And I know this sounds somewhat terrible, but I'd love to at least find a way to use my mom's dress in mine somehow. We found an idea... and don't worry Kristin, we aren't cutting up mom's dress. This one is my favorite. The closest thing I have seen yet to what I want. And I am in love with this bride's style, and even her reception dress. I didn't really think I wanted one, until I saw this!! Awww, everything about this is perfect!

PS, love this dress too!! (see, it is going to be sooo hard to one day make a decision!!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The last one is super cute, my favorite of the three!

5 years later, I still adore my wedding dress :-)

kaylee@life chasers said...

Your favorite is my favorite for you. IN LOVE!
(the last one is GORGEOUS too)
Can I just say that your wedding is one that I look forward to the most? It is going to be off of the charts, I just know it.

Katrina Hope said...

Aw, thanks Kay. :) It will be a fun day... and I'm going to love celebrating it with you all!