Monday, January 16, 2012

First Day.
of the new job.
and the hopeful new routine.


One of my goals this year is to be better about my morning routine. Knowing I will have less opportunity blogging throughout my days (or assuming so), and believing its one important avenue for me to be creating a lifestyle of writing... I am considering setting aside time each morning. The problem is, I'm not sure I really want my blog to become the Virginia Woolf wasteland it might then. (About 4 of you just got that. And I'm okay with that.)

As for the new job. I'm not sure I've shared with you all exactly what it is. That is because, I'm not entirely sure exactly what it is. I say that half-seriously. I will be working in a similar position to what I have been... which I realize most of you didn't understand before either. I will be part office-manager, part marketing. Thus the lovely life of small companies. And I think I love that. Why? Because I also am going to get opportunities to learn a new skill set. New programs. New challenges. A whole new industry to implement marketing, and a new writing style. Having come originally from a small (used relatively in that case) technology company, I've enjoyed the benefits they can offer to young workers. They give you room to learn, explore, create, implement, suggest, improve. Based off of my interviews, I'm thinking the same will be true of this new company. Which is what both frightens and excites me most.

Emily T., definitely thinking of you today. Thank you for helping me get this opportunity - praying your job search ends in the dream job soon. Also, hoping I don't hate you after this week. ;)

No comments: