Monday, January 23, 2012

My boss sent me next door to a client today.  He failed to prepare me for the "boutique" I'd be walking in to.  After I returned and filled him in on the business end, I suggested "Don't send a single young girl into a bridal boutique without warning her."  When the second head architect chimed in about the details of the shop and I began to ask him how he was so acquainted with the bridesmaid section and special displays in the store my boss leaned over and said in a hushed tone, "We don't talk about it."  To which the other architect added, "What I do on my own time is my business."  I'm beginning to really like these guys.  :)  An hour later we were in a meeting and when the supposed cross-dressing architect placed his daughter's girl scout cookie order form on the table and the rest of the team began to ask if she would be coming in, in her little uniform our boss added dryly, "I'd buy more if you come in, in the sash and cute little hat."  At the end they requested time off for next week - apparently they were making plans to go door to door with the order form.  You need to have at least one conversation with these men to realize just how great this interaction was.

Here's to new characters.

And as for old.  I know you've all been missing the LLF shenanigans as much as I have, so I thought I'd share two treasures I received via text today:

"LBL told me to tell you we miss you and we hope you return quickly.  He said it like you were just on vacation"

...a couple hours later another one rolled in...

"PS. CJL came in with a mustache and a remote control plane."  (yes that is the board shorts/ tiger shorts guy.)

I'd say I miss this crazy, but I still have a moose in my living room.  : ) By the way, he really loved the snow days!

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Waiting for the Moose pics of his snow days...