Thursday, January 05, 2012

I. LOVE. SURPRISES.


In fact, it was only this past year that I learned that some people really don't like them. To me, everything seems better as a surprise. While I've learned to love some of my close friends by not making every special event a surprise, they've learned to love me.... with some wonderful surprises.

I'm mostly talking about Megs here. So grateful for the lessons I'm learning through our friendship, and for her patience and grace with me along the way.

Yesterday, sitting at my desk, I heard a voice I know by heart, but couldn't place. It didn't belong at work. And especially so happy at work. I know my face showed utter shock - and that it worried Megs a bit when I just stared at her, my every feature saying, "What are you doing here?" Her response, "Surprise. I know this is probably the worst day I could have come, but I figured better late than never." Hinting that if it weren't yesterday or today, it would be never. She held out a giant box - a care package. I'd once complained to her (and Jordyn) about how I never got care packages in college, since I was just downstairs from my family. She'd made me a care package for my new job - with my favorite chocolates, advil, hand sanitizer - all the little things only someone who knew me would think to collect for me and my new desk.

Then, her, Kristin and I went to get smoothies and coffee. It was a PERFECT surprise. :) Thanks for being such an incredible friend, Meg Landies. Thanks for learning how I love to be loved. For being patient, kind, and sassy. For being a listening ear. For believing the best about me. And for doing your best to always hear my heart and try to understand this crazy lady.

1 comment:

{meg} said...

lol. We really should link our blogs on days like today! Quite a lot of posted love in the world of MmmKay ;)

Can't wait to grow deeper in friendship and experience life's adventures together. Love you!