Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday went as well as I could have hoped.  And my very select posts worked better than I could have hoped.  I've been trying to get dad to set up his new record player.  He really doesn't like feeling rushed or pushed.  Yesterday, I heard him in the hallway, in his best girl-impression voice "Hey Dad - wink wink."  I acted all subtle and nonchalant about it.  A couple hours later, I walked into the living room and the project was already underway.  :)


Last night we ate dinner downstairs, sipped wine by the fire, and listened to my mom and dad's old favorite records, and one of mine.  Loved it.  It was deep and beautiful, the way the music filled the room like the wine our glasses.



Before dinner, Megs and I had walked down to Safeway to pick up some groceries and trekked back up.  That night will probably join the elite group of "favorite snow memories."







We just grabbed the necessities, you know: coffee creamer, wine, bacon, a sweet potato, pineapples, skinny cows, eggs, english muffins, chocolate chips.  Only things we really needed.





(And we didn't even break one single egg!)

The best part of getting snowed in is that it is filled with cooking and coffee.  We make breakfast and then snack all day and then mom makes delicious dinners.  I love it.  And I especially love having Meg snowed in here with me (though she's convinced I'll be avoiding her for the next month).






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I'm so unbelieveably jealous. It looks so fun and amazing. Major kudos for walking all the way to Safeway IN THE SNOW! Impressive! Why couldn't we have snow like that at Christmas :-( boo.

Emily said...

SO. JEALOUS.