Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tomorrow is my last day with my current company.  I have one boss who has decided to respond to my 2 weeks notice by completely ignoring me.  Not even looking me in the eye and directing any required answers (to my questions) to my sister.  Interesting.  And I have another boss who is sending me regular emails like this: PS, I’m going to miss you when you’re gone.  I wish you would stay.  :’’’’’’(    The third, he hasn't seemed to acknowledge or accept it at all in any way.  And the wife of the first one sent me an email saying she's still hoping her husband realizes his loss and convinces me to stay.

It should come as no surprise then that I have a big mix of feelings inside right now.  This has been a looooong couple ofmonths.  And no could describe it better than our good friend,

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."

Dickens, right?  ;)


LLF, I am going to miss you.  And I'm especially going to miss working with my sis.  It's been real.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so sad to me that you can give your absolute all to some bosses and they don't give you the respect you deserve when you leave. I so remember how that felt at RS. Sucked. 5 years and then you give your notice, find them a great replacement and they still treat you like shit. CEO's and business owners are so often no more mature than small children. Lovely.