Monday, January 09, 2012

A Photographic Flashback to New Years

"The accidental party." 

Meg and I had been talking for months about our New Years plans.  She flew back early to spend the weekend with me.  We pictured sequins, downtown, and lots of strangers.  Through a series of unforeseen events, we ended up surrounded with many of our closest friends, in sweats, sipping champagne.  And it was one of my favorite New Years yet.   

(No, it didn't measure up to a Hallstrom New Years, but we did what we could.) 








"The B-Man" 

The ladies. 

Whoops - and with champagne. Because that's important.  ;) 

The couples. 



New Years Day






And the rest of the 
New Years Weekend



7 comments:

Kayla Janine said...

Ok Katy - I finished. Wow. Ending was amazing =) And yes, I do feel slightly relieved, but sad I won't be seeing these characters anymore.

anthea said...

I love this post so much :) Maybe it's because there are some amazing people in those pictures, champagne, amazing people, champagne and then the hunger games. ;)

Katrina Hope said...

@ Kayla, I know how you're feeling. I've never been so tempted to immediately re-read a series. And I'm so glad you liked the ending too- I don't understand why so many people have been hating on it! I think she did a great job.

Katrina Hope said...

@ Anthea, my feelings exactly. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it... otherwise I'd feel bad about perhaps over-sharing my photo montage. ;)

Unknown said...

We were there too. But you'd never know it from this post or these pictures..oh except for the fact that little sister borrowed my sweater ;-)

Katrina Hope said...

UM, it is not MY fault that there are no pictures of you all... my family throws tantrums when I try to take or post photos of them. :(

Katrina Hope said...

PS. I miss that sweater already ;)