Friday, January 06, 2012

As you all know, yesterday was not only my birthday, it was also my last day of work with LLF. It was very bitter sweet. Having been such a long process, I've lost a lot of the excitement about the new opportunity. Thankfully though I also had a lot of time to determine this really is the right move, so now I can at least ignore the "Did I just make a big mistake?" that keeps rising in the back of my mind. No, I did not. I took a lot of time making this decision, I prayed, asked questions, sought counsel. No. This is an exciting time. But it was also a lot of sad goodbyes.

Goodbye desk. 


Goodbye Orca card
(perhaps the most painful goodbye)


Goodbye attorneys. 


Goodbye Moose. 


I'm bad at goodbyes.  And so is the moose. 


So, we decided not to say goodbye today.
I've been day dreaming for a while about the day I'd quit.  One of my favorites included storming out Jerry Maguire style and grabbing the moose rather than a fish.   Yesterday, when the time came to walk out, I decided he really was coming with me.  I told one of the attorneys, but the rest were gone.  He simply replied, "I'm just going to pretend I don't know what happened."  As we boarded the elevators and the giant stuffed moose in my arms began eliciting comments and looks, Kristin announced "It's take your sister to work day at my firm.  Sorry." 


Goodbye working with my sister. :( 



Today was my first day off between jobs.  I'd left my car overnight at the Rowles and Megs drove me over to pick it up this morning before her classes.  Only, I decided I'd better say hello.   Which turned into homemade lattes from Grant.  Cartoons with Fin.  Nap-time chats with Kristin.  Errands with the fam.  And smoothies. :)  Successfully stayed in my sweats through it all.


Fin's decided she loves my water bottle, (she will dominate it) so Kristin pulled one out for her.   This morning she sat on my lap and drank out of hers each time I'd drink out of mine.  Then, she'd smile at me, lean over and take a big swig from mine before returning back to hers.  I love my tiniest best friend.  


Yep, we've decided we like this whole 25 thing. ;)

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

1. Fin's pucker face is adorable.
2. I laughed hard when I saw the moose!
3. Jerry Mc walk out scene one of the best!
4. You all look so grown up at dinner! ....
5. Thanks for hanging with a 40 - something....