Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Okay, I know I keep posting about Marian Built  (and that Michael Marian in return keeps posting about my posts - FYI, he is one of the nicest guys!), but he has a blog too and I especially love this post about one of my favorite pieces: The Mason Jar Chandelier!  I kind of don't want to share this because I don't want any of you to steal it before I can snag it.  These pieces are all custom made and if I am correct, there are typically only one or two of each.  But having written my post before having the opportunity to read his blogs, I was pretty excited to discover what I read in his work is exactly what he was intending to say through it - or perhaps it is more that those pieces were saying the same thing to him as the owner and creator as they communicate to the customer.  I love that integrity in the art itself - that it carries a single voice.  And I fully agree as to the power and draw of vintage right now - we don't want commodities and the  mass-produced.  We want depth and solidness - we want to feel something that has survived.  We want to know the owner of the our favorite restaurant, have our waitress remember our name, buy from the same butcher each week and shake the hand that crafted our table.  We want to return to our community. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post little one! Very well written, loved it!