Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It is May 10th, which means I can't let the sun go down without saying a little something about two of the most incredible young women I know.




I already did the whole "birthday blog" for Rose Ruiz sort of when I spoke about our fun Mindy date... but I just have to say again, I adore this woman. One of the friendships I've been blessed with the growth in this past year has been my "LB." She's hilarious and beautiful. And even better yet, she's an adventurous soul. I love getting to share new finds with you LB, be it music (won't ever forget how it all began! haha), books, or a hiking spot. I'm so grateful for you in my life, and I know God has taken joy in growing our friendship through this season. I'm looking forward to all this next year holds for you!


I've blogged many times about our LouLou, but I feel like I can't say enough how wonderful this woman is, and how much she has meant to me for the past... every day of my life.


As life continues to change and friends come and sometimes, go... I become more and more grateful for this woman, and more aware of what exactly I have in her. Somewhere around Junior High, Elise went from being my partner in crime (literally, getting one another into quite a bit of trouble.. nothing we can't laugh about now at least), to being a leader I looked up to, and one of the most gentle and caring women I know. She's a caretaker. She's strong, and content in a remarkable way few young women ever really are. She loves with a deep strength, but not a loud one. She's often in the background, but everyone who knows her well, wants to stand in the background so they can hear her little awesome remarks on life. ;)

I got to spend an entire Saturday-Sunday with them recently (as some of you read) and I loved being with my friend. Her and I didn't change really when she got married, she handled this transition more gracefully than any one I've seen yet. The same is true with motherhood. I love watching, learning, and laughing with her. She's a wife I want to be like. I want to love my family, friends, and husband like she does. I want to continue to treat my friends as important and as close once I'm married, like she does. I want to learn the amazing balance she walks in. And one day, I really want to be a mom as sweet, aware, and yet relaxed as she is.

Lou, you've been hurt by me, by others, and you've hurt some yourself I'm sure too (though- remarkably, I can't think of any pain you've caused me in probably 7 or more years, intentionally or unintentionally!). You have loved amidst a lot of confusion, disagreement, conflict, and change. You are wise beyond your years. You've learned what matters, and what doesn't. You love without judgment, really. You are selfless in a way many of us only dream of being. Not only that, but you are fun to be with... I have to admit, I sort of love some of your "slips." And I'm of the same opinion as Jeff... I think we should be neighbors one day, again. We'll just have to find a location we can agree on :/ Perhaps when we are old, and our children are grown, we'll revert to our younger days and spend our evenings playing "truth or dare." I hope there's a creek nearby. ;) We'll watch ET and then go stand out by the woods as long as we possibly can before screaming and running inside. We'll live our summers without shoes, need nothing more than a swimsuit and killer tan line, and survive off square individually wrapped pieces of American cheese (maybe not that one actually- thankfully our taste in cheese evolved). And in teh evenings, we'll sit out on our porches, or lay in our yards, stare at the stars and remember back on all the dreams we had, and how much better life turned out than we imagined it could.

Oh, and you happen to be raising one of the greatest baby girls I know.

Happy Birthday Lou, you are so deeply loved by many, many of us.



(Love, Kate... aka Castor? I never can remember, which was Pollux and which of us was Castor... I'll have to find it in some old note)

1 comment:

Rose said...

I just saw this, and all your other blog posts. Dear friend, thank you! I love you!!!