Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I started this blog during my MC tour in 2006. Ashley McCuen spent part of the tour by my side on the bus, and we day dreamed about when it would be her turn. I've looked forward to this class's turn since they first memorialized ours with their own photobook (Ash and Morg!). We ate Dairy Queen blizzards, worked on her Algebra, and I let her sleep on me (for some reason, that meant a lot to her, and I loved her all the more for it). Today, the girls are in the tour bus, driving down the coast. While I know my feelings are nothing compared to theirs, I am so excited. This day feels a bit unreal. It has been 5 years. My "new friends" are now "old friends" and those lifechanging moments are memories.




What's even more amazing to think, is how some of the people I encountered (or didn't encounter actually) on tour have become some of my dearest friends five years later. How great are the plans of the Lord, why do we even try to figure out the future?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ohhh Kati :) :)