Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Katrina, I've been working on your behalf."

LBL is teaching a seminar on contracts and liens today. He just called from there to inform me he got a woman's card for me. She met her soon-to-be husband through a dating group made up of 27 churches. He said, he wants Kristin and I to call her and get involved. "We'll have you married by the end of the summer. That's my goal." One of his new years goals was to get all three girls in the office married be the end of the year. So, when I asked him just now why he's shortening his deadline, he informed me: "the thing is, the longer you remain single, the more expanded you become. the more uncontrollable you will be when you become married. so it's better from a male view to marry you earlier, you're more maluable. The longer you wait, the more you'll go through and the more you'll know what you think and feel. You already have very powerful, deep and strong opinions Katrina."

Apparently, that is the danger. Good to know.

Perhaps it would be worth pointing out the plaguing question in my mind: How exactly did this conversation come up between Larry and this woman? I have a guess. :/ Larry decided to bring us up in the seminar. This is supported by the fact that last time Larry taught a seminar like this one, I received an email from an interested attendee. Larry was not happy with me for not wanting to respond to "TJ."

A number of months back a young man sent in his resume. He was newly out of lawschool and hoping to join the firm perhaps. LBL circled the fact that he studied in the UK, using a big red pen, wrote "Katrina?" next to it, and left it on my desk. Why? Because he feels I belong in Europe, or apparently with a man from Europe, or who atleast mentions the country in his resume.

3 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

All you need is love.

Katrina Hope said...

I refuse to believe love is not enough.

:P

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh hilarious. And yes, I'm FINALLY catching up on blogs this far back. This reminds me of when Bill Gossman tried to hook me up with a friend of his, or someone from work too. Why do boss' feel it necessary to intervene - *sigh*