Friday, May 06, 2011

Seriously, receiving a "This made me think of you" picture, quote, etc.... is my love language I think. And I have some INCREDIBLE friends who leave them on my facebook wall, or email them to me... often making my day. Em sent me this one, and I can't tell you how much I love it.


Emily Kuffner, you amaze me continually. Some people can spend their entire lives around people and never know them, yet we've been friends less than a year, with few dates and far between, and you manage to continually find things that open up my heart to all that's inside--- through pictures, and your words. You are a treasure and a gift. You see people.

I'm grateful for my friends. I was thinking that yesterday actually, after Braden gave a very simple, encouraging response to something I said. I've been seeking to really see people as they are called to be, especially those who are closest to me. I want to be someone who really calls it out, speaks it out. We need that. Then, walking into the homegroup where Dr. Rand and Laurie spoke about becoming who we are, and the importance of knowing who we are (unique, specific identity) it just made me all the more aware of what a gift it is to have friends who call out who you are... who take the time to see past what others see, and who can engage you on more than just your behavior, but on your desires and passions and ultimately help you carry the weight of your destiny, through encouragement and friendship.

It makes me want to worship! Truly, the wonder of God's creation, relationships. Not easy, most often messy, and yet such a beautiful blessing in what they accomplish in us, through us and between us. I remember CS Lewis describing the Holy Spirit as the Love that flows between the Father and the Son, a literal being of relationship. I think there is something more there to be reflected- but the Holy Spirit, in us and flowing between us... I'll be pondering that. What I know, is I want even more in my relationships, and I'm remarkably grateful when I look around.

No comments: