Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Look what my mom picked up for me yesterday. :)



I've been wanting an herb garden. I love gardens. I hate spiders. Therefore, I do not garden (v.). But the older I get, the more I wish I did. My near-addiction to cilantro and now recent devotion to rosemary has led me to want an herb garden. I figure it will be a good start for me. A few weeks back my mom and I sat down and I listed out my herbs. She lost the list. (Kim, Kris, sound about right? hehe.) But it doesn't matter, because she got cilantro. AND, she picked up two different types of basil that look and smell amazing! I am so exited! However, the initial discussion involved a way of me taking them with me when I moved this coming fall... I think she's already come to like them too much herself now. She's building a little "herb shelf" on our kitchen patio (termed "the tea garden" by my mom, and "the beer garden" by my dad, Kristin and I... morning: tea. afternoons: beer. We also have the "wine garden" down below, and "the tree fort" on the balcony... we have a weird thing about naming. See where I get my eccentricities? Met my Dad and Mumsy before? If not, you've missed a lot of good evenings of laughter.)

As for the herbs and their new permanent home, oh well, I'm sure I can steal shoots next year.

2 comments:

samara said...

Kati - you're moving this fall?? Where to? Any roommates? That's so cool!

{meg} said...

Ummm I want to have a garden AND I love cilantro!

We should live together or something ;)