Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life is full of so much mystery and uncertainty. And I love that. But lately, that means facing a lot of "I don't knows." Or, fighting saying "I don't know" when I know I need to say "I believe." I am at work right now, and crying eyes aren't quite the greeting the front desk should offer. So, I'm fighting it, but for whatever reasons, all those uncertainties are gaining on my heart the past few days. And I know you are all going to read this and think "Oh yeah, she's single." ;) But guess, what, I'm not just talking about boys here. I'm talking about the secret things in each of our hearts, the fears and the hopes. I'm talking about the things we know we are called to, and the fear of how long or hard the journey has been or will be in between.

I was reading the story of Abraham yesterday. He believed. He tried short cuts, he tried solving the problems himself, but eventually, he just believed. And it was counted to him as righteousness. After waiting a hundred years... he believed. Oh man. Not only that, but my heart was so touched as I read the story of Ishmael. His mother called God "The One who hears me." And she named the place where he spoke to her as the place where I saw, the one who sees me. Awg. The caring of the Lord, the attention of the One. Makes me stop in wonder. Makes me trust, and want to trust more.

So often, we ignore the cries in our heart that make us long for the promises of the Lord-- our future, our calling, that thing we know we were created for... but then, sometimes we can't. And we remember the pains of believing. Let it be counted as righteousness. Oh Lord, move on our behalf. You are a God of power, of restoration, of healing. You are a God who remembers yours promises and hears the cries of your people.

And in the meantime, don't let us fear.

1 comment:

Rose said...

:) Great post. Thanks for the reminder, friend.