Monday, May 30, 2011

Morgan came across a project Mrs. Gilbert led for our class back in 2nd grade. We created a sort of newspaper, entitled "Second Grade Thoughts." what a treasure. She sent me a couple of the inserts of what I wrote... makes me want to find mine and read through it all. I love it. And I find it kind of funny that what I knew then, in many ways is still my answer now... and I'm still learning the truth in these words.




I was what, 6? 7? Yep, I still hold to those answers. Only, I think I'll worship better with my pen then my blue ribbon. Not going to lie... that ribbon is still around here somewhere, the darn stick broke though. Mine was a lovely blue silver. Perhaps one day I'll bust it out in worship again... Em, think you can get me a spot on the Freedom team? Any openings for ribbon-ers? ;)


I felt this weekend was going to be about me getting a deeper revelation of who I am, and what that looks like for me in this season. I feel like everything is on hold, like all my dreams and passions and EVERYTHING is being piled up like waters at a damn and just about to burst. As I ran today I finally put this picture to what I've been feeling, I feel like I'm about to burst... I don't want to feel stuck, or standing still. I need to know what I am to be investing in right now. Morgan sent me these on Friday. And after the weekend has all but passed, and I spent part of today in tears or near-tears... I just now realized that this is still my answer. This is still who I am. And in this ever so frustrating season, this is still what I need to hold to, confess and stand on.

As I was reading Fenelon this morning I came across an excerpt where he calls us out for our desire to always be analyzing and evaluating- for our need to be able to tell where we are at and how and where we've grown and are growing. I know that strategy is good... but he was so correct in his claim, especially for me right now- as he states, it is just our selfish pride that wants to be able to measure ourselves and our progress. We are weak, He is strong. Get that and we'll be much better off. Then I started reading the next chapter in Watchman Knee, and what does he say? He expounds on how God's plan is not to make us better, it is simply for the old man to die and for Christ to live. He doesn't want to make us stronger. He wants us to let Him live through us. He dealt with sin, and He dealt with the sinner.

Aw. Lord. What does Jesus mean to me? He means faith and hope. Jesus is love. He loves us with an everlasting and unfailing love, and I want to worship and praise Him.

So, I guess that is the word I've been waiting on all weekend, that reconfirming, re-rooting word. God speaks to us two ways, through the Bible and in our hearts. And sometimes, through our own Second Grade Thoughts.

1 comment:

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

Katrina! Ribbons... adorable! :) Yes please heheh. And yeah wow: faith, hope and love. Those things pretty much describe what I see you write everywhere:)