Monday, May 16, 2011

Katrina, have you ever watched a movie from the 1940s or 50's?

Yes, which one?

Oh, I don't know, any one with Doris Day or... (a list of 4 actresses..)

Yes. You know, I just saw Guys and Dolls at the 5th this weekend in fact.

Oh really? How was it?

It was wonderful! I loved it!

Well, Katrina. I don't want to lose you. And in fact, I don't think you should leave, because I think you need me for guidance. That is why I come out here every day and have these chats with you about direction. (Oh really? -- the smile spreading across my face). Yes, you're rudderless without me I'm afraid. But, I think you should audition for a 1940's style film. I mean, you've got the entire persona- the look, the charm, the character, I mean, you'd be great!

Oh man, I think I'd have to have been born a few decades ago, as they stopped making films from the 1940s, back in the 40s. ;)

Okay, Katrina. (Smiles and walks out.)

---------

Just thought I'd share this morning's chat. You never know what exactly you're going to get each day. I've been running an editing company in New York, the head of a Governor's office, the personal assistant/ press person for Kate Middleton, a writer locked off in the woods alone, a travelling, writing gypsy, living in France, smoking cigarettes and devouring literature and croissants and coffee... and today, I am a 1940's movie star. Little does he know about my entire collection of Dorris Day on my ipod, my love for the 20's/30's/40's... or occassional confesssion that I was a 1940's jazz/bar singer in my past life. ;)

Life can be fun.

2 comments:

samara said...

oh my word! hilarious =) How perfect!

Rose said...

I think what he's trying to say is that you have gumption. :)